We are excited to announce that The Daily Pointers is now open for submissions from talented news writers/reporters, poets, story tellers, playwrights, artists, educators, sports/economic/political writers and anyone with a captivating piece to share with the wider world.
At The Daily Pointers, we believe in the power of creativity and information delivery. We strive to create a platform that showcases diverse voices, sparks meaningful conversations, and inspires change. Now, we invite you to join us on this journey.
– The Daily Pointers accepts previously unpublished news reports/content, book, film, art and music review, feature, interview, essay, short fiction, a poem (not more than 30 lines), drama, etc.
– Submissions where applicable, must be creative, factual, insightful, balanced, unbiased, critical, engaging and could be controversial too. We love daring features that challenge the norm at the same time.
– Always provide your name in your submission and a-not-more than 100 words bio in the third person. You can include a photograph of yourself. Feel free to make the photograph as playful or as formal as you like.
– Here are some of the reasons why we might turn down a submission: poor grammar, poor punctuation, poor use of tenses, and plagiarism. We would especially reject a submission we deem to be misogynist or homophobic, or one that exhibits supremacist leanings on the basis of race, ethnicity or religion.
– Be advised that we will edit your work and sometimes change the title, and if we consider the latter, we will inform you. So be ready to work through the revisions (if any).
– We receive over 150 submissions monthly, with a hefty backlog to wade through and because of this, we are unable to reply right away.
– You retain the copyright to your work. However, we do require that you credit POINTERS as the original publisher of the work.
– Except on rare occasions, we do not remove pieces that have been published on our site.
– Your submission should come in a word document file NOT PDF. In the “subject” area of your e-mail, use “Pointers Submission: + the category” (see Menu for categories).
The Daily Pointers accepts entries from across the globe all year round. Kindly note that we are not a paying market at the moment.
Guidelines for Specific Categories
News Report/Content: A news report must be between 100-1,000 words. It must have a title. There is no restriction to a specific subject area.
Poetry: A single poem of 5-30 lines. It must have a title. There is no restriction to any specific thematic preoccupation.
Short Story: A single short fiction of 500-1,500 words. It must have a title. There is no restriction to any specific thematic preoccupation.
Drama: A captivating dramatic piece of 500-1,500 words. It must have a title. There is no restriction to any specific thematic preoccupation.
Reviews, Interview and Feature Article
Feature, interview, book, art, music, and film reviews should be of 500-1500 words. Feature on current issue, new book, art, music, and film will be given priority. There is no restriction to a specific book/author, art, music, film, subject matter or location.